Sunday, October 10, 2010

Who am I?

(credits to Sense of Touch - a boutique spa - Arbuthnot for the flowers)

"I am a flower quickly fading,

here today
and gone tomorrow" 
Quote from the song
Who am I by The Casting Crowns

Please accept my apologies for my lack of presence in blogging but I seem to catch myself staring at a blank page with nothing in perspective and it is very unlike me to be that way. I write not for the sake of ranting about ONLY my day, what goes wrong or what's the latest trend (although at times I might) but I write mostly because I want to inspire people with what inspires me.
             I don't usually take things literal but today I want to write about Who I Am in relation to the song that features my blog. 'Who Am I' is a famous Christian song by The Casting Crowns. If you haven't already heard it then by all means do because I'm telling you, it's a BEAUTIFUL song. (Click here to listen to the song).

WHO AM I? (My little self-reflection) Please scroll down to see.. sorry the format's a bit messed up, I can't seem to make it right.
























  • I am an OBSERVER in life. I take an incredible amount of time and thought to examine the world around me -- the learning never stops. In a modern era like mine, it is rare to find the time to observe silence in which I came to discover a new world filled with countless profound and remarkable knowledge. Busy is a word excessively used by people but to me, I can never be too busy to chase after wisdom and good judgement. It is through being observant that I found inner-peace and the secrets that lie behind living a steadfast life. It is beyond amazing.


  • I am NOT a soldier, I am a WARRIOR who lies in a battlefield to fight darkness. I once had a dream about people hunting me down and asking whether or not I believed in God. Being a believer only means that they would crucify me on a cross the same way Christ died but If I denied God, they would spare my life. I was petrified BUT I must admit, I was tempted to save myself but aside of my fear, I was more afraid to deny Him. I can never. I owe my life to Him so whatever the consequence - let it be, I will endure. I ended up being crucified and nailed to the cross, a dream can never feel any more real than this. I felt everything, the hammering, the nail, the penetration in my skin. But I felt the greatest accomplishment that I have ever felt in my life. Who would have ever thought that sacrificing yourself for the sake of something BIGGER than the universe would be such a glorious feeling?.


  • I am a person of GRATITUDE. I have found this aspect of myself in one of my classes in college. It has always been one of my Top 3 result in all the character tests I took (though I am not sure if it's exactly accurate, haha, just kidding). I realized that saying thank you and appreciating someone no matter how little the things they do, does them more favor than it does to yourself. A single smile in return with 'you're welcome' does brighten up many lives per day as they carry their smiles everywhere. Yawning isn't the only one that's contagious, afterall. :) so what are you waiting for? SMILE AWAY!, no matter how freaky and stalker-ish you look =] 

  •  Lastly, I am a CHILD OF GOD, perfectly crafted by His loving hands. I am beautiful just like everybody else who manifests His glory. Willing, I am to mold myself into a figure he wants because when all else fails no matter how sturdy the road or how dark the night, I will endure and I will prosper because I genuinely believe.


    PS: I believe there are many attributes that a person has. The list can go on forever but I do not want to bore you all by talking about mine so, share your traits.... Who are you? ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment